Crushstation is a custom lobster themed monster truck driven by Greg Winchenbach out of Maine. With the unique body, and wild driving style Crushstation has been a fan favorite since 2010 and has competed in two Monster Jam Young Guns Shootouts as well as various smaller Monster Jam arena shows and Monster Truck Throwdown. Crushstation occasionally runs a blue version of the body exclusively in Maine.
- 1999 - Greg Winchenbach buys a PEI Chassis from Dan Patrick. Although, due to Greg's busy schedule, the chassis sat on Greg's garage for a couple years.
- 2008 - Greg starts building Crushstation
- late 2009 - Greg and the truck makes a few displays and competes in small shows.
- 2010 - Crushstation competes in Monster Jam.
- 2013 - Greg and the truck competes in the Young Guns Shootout.
- 2014 - the blue Crushstation debuts and competes in shows exclusively in Maine. Greg and the truck makes their second Young Guns Shootout appearance.
- 2015 - Crushstation wins the Monster Truck Throwdown.
- 2016 - The truck wins its second Monster Truck Throwdown championship.
- 2017 - Greg stops driving on the Monster Jam circuit and focuses more on the Monster Truck Throwdown and the Monster Truck Destruction Tour. It is currently unknown if it and Lumberjack will return to Monster Jam, though Crushstation's blue body remaining as part of the toyline after the switch from Hot Wheels to Spin Master for Monster Jam toys in 2019 indicates the possibility of the team coming back.
- 2018 - Greg and the truck wins the Monster Truck Destruction Tour. The same year, a leafspring display truck debuts.
- 2019 - The team debuts a brand new design on the truck to commemorate Crushstation's 10th Year Anniversary.
At a 2010 Monster Truck show, Crushstation ran over one of the hosts of the show. Luckily, the host only
suffered a broken pelvis, and eventually made a full recovery. He was identified as Ken Dickenson.
World Finals Appearances
- 2013 - Greg Winchenbach (YGS)
- 2014 - Greg Winchenbach (YGS)
List of Crushstation Designs
- Red - The classic Crushstation body ran at most shows. It has been run on the truck since it’s debut in 2009.
- Blue - A blue variant of truck, it debuted in 2014. It has mainly competed at shows in Greg’s home state of Maine, but it was ran for a few shows in the summer of 2019 for Crushstations 10th Anniversary.
- 10th Anniversary/RAW - Bassd off a raw lobster, ran only for Crushtations 10th Anniversary. It debuted in 2019 and has since been retired.
- The blue lobster design of Crushtation is derived from the fact that blue lobsters do in fact exist in real life. It may also be derived from the fact that lobsters, unlike most organisms, and like snails and spiders, have blue blood, not red blood. This is due to the presence of hemocyanin, which contains copper.
- While Greg and the truck don't compete in Monster Jam anymore, die cast toys are still made by the toy companies related to the league. This might sign a possible comeback, however, when the team left the aforementioned league, there was agreement with unknown interests. A theory could be that the team would leave the league, only if they still produced die casts of the truck.
- During some shows, Greg’s dog is present at the pit party and can often be found mingling with the fans or sleeping in the trucks rims.