Brandon Derrow out of Virginia, but for over 10 years was piloted by Bruce Haney from Florida.
Bad News was first created under the old Excaliber truck, and was campaigned from 1998-2003 under Bruce Haney.
- 2002 - The truck debuted a new white design and ran under the name "Bad News". The truck also competed in the Thunder Nationals for a few years.
- 2004 - The team got a brand new truck and scheme which was at the time the most successful with multiple Monster Jam appearances on TV, and continued to run until 2008 with a brand new scheme.
- 2008 - The truck had it's famous crash when Haney rode a power wheelie and the left front wheel clipped a car stack, which in turn tore the entire front housing off the truck. It won the 2008 Crash Madness award.
- 2010 - Bad News Travels Fast was featured in the video game Monster Jam: Path of Destruction as one of the playable trucks.
- 2011 - Bruce Haney sold the entire operation to Brandon Derrow of Virginia, and the following season a brand new scheme was debuted for the truck.
- 2015 - Derrow was chosen as one of sixteen trucks to compete in the first ever Monster Jam Fox Sports 1 Championship Series .
- 2016 - The truck received a new green paint scheme.
- 2017 - Bad News Travels Fast competed in Monster Jam Arena Tour 5.
- 2018 - The team celebrated its 20th Anniversary and debuted a new retro design paying homage to the original black and red Bad News driven by Bruce Haney. Derrow and the truck competed in Monster Jam Stadium Tour 3.
- 2019 - The truck will compete in the Monster Jam Arena Championship Series.